Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 5, 2011

PEOP!


Her name is Mckenzie Bowers, and she goes to Eastern Michigan University that is where I saw her 

during her research process. She is researching criminal psychology/criminal profiling for her english 121 class. 

McKenzie is becoming better at writing but she said she thinks there is still more work to be done. I saw 

her at the university writing center getting help on her paper. She told me they 

are a lot of help. At this point in her research process she has just finished writing her research essay number two. She also has finished all the research for that essay as well.

McKenzie Bowers 06/6/2k11

I remember walking in my first day of class not knowing what to expect, until the teacher, Mrs. Goodsitt told us that we would be writing all of our papers about our favorite job that we were going to be pursuing. When she said that, I already knew what I was going to research. . . CRIMINAL PSYCHOLOGY!! My original question was to find what strategy is the most efficient in criminal psychology.I think that if that would be answered then it would help the people in the field. A part of our essay #2 was to interview someone. I had a hard time trying to find someone but I did. I interviewed Nelson Halmons. He is my next door neighbor:P. He couldn't meet with me in person but that was okay because it was best for us both to do it over the internet. He told me a lot of information that I needed to know. Uhh he told me that he doesn't think that criminal profiling is the best strategy because it is unreliable( I think it is the best!! LOL.)He did tell me that he thought it worked though as long as it had science to back it up. Researching this topic really showed me how hard it really is to be a criminal psychologist. It also showed me how HIGH demand it is, and it would be hard to have a family. I also learned that not everyone thinks as I do, which I always think people should think like me just kidding.From what I have learned from my research is criminal profiling is used to help things move faster through the system, and it is very hard job to have that is why he don't have may of them. I never knew this job was so top secret which is why I had a hard time with the interview, but I guess it's because most of them work for the FBI and uhhh that it very top secret stuff!!! Another thing I learned is I will be working with very dangous criminals every single day, so therefore I must know how to protect myself which mean I have to be certified. Criminal profiling helps a lot of people when it is completed. One thing I wish I could have done differently would have been to find an actual criminal psychologist/profiler to interview because I think it would have helped more, maybe. Doing this research will help my field because they will see that criminal profiling is the best strategy to use, and then they will soon be able to back it all up with scientific al evidence. I would like to know if criminal psychologist make a lot of money because I heard they didn't ,and I would like to know for myself. So if you ask me I think I learned a lot from my research process. (590)

No comments:

Post a Comment